His commitment to the community is reflected by his appointment as attending medical staff at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. In addition to teaching dental residents periodontics and implant dentistry, Dr. Margolis is the attending in charge of this prestigious institution’s program in forensic dentistry. He also serves as a Deputy Chief Forensic Dental Consultant to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York City.
Because of his forensic dentistry expertise, Dr. Margolis lectures extensively on the topic. He has supervised the activities of disaster response teams and been involved in numerous forensic identification cases.
Additionally, Dr. Margolis is a former decorated New York City Paramedic having received citations for delivering life saving pre-hospital care.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- New York State Dental Association
- Nassau County Dental Society
- N.Y. Society of Forensic Dentistry – Past President and Executive Board Member
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- American Society of Forensic Odontology
- Long Island Academy of Periodontists